I'm afraid I'm getting comfortable

 


It's almost 5 months in now, quarantine life has its perks I must admit. Waking up slightly later if you can, minus the commute time, some morning coffee in bed before the day actually begins, and ooh, you can happily work in lounge wear! 

Come on! It's comfortable, you know that!

Honestly it was easy to build a routine and clock in and clock out at the end of the day, yes, clocking out took more effort, but it happened. Video calls were never my thing, but I got used to it, and somehow, the fact that I didn't have to actually be around people made me a little happy, somewhere, maybe that's because I'm quarantined with family. Although I've always been of the opinion that one must enjoy their own company too, from time to time. Now, we seem to be doing a lot of it, obviously, and I'm starting to get very comfortable with this.  The thought of meeting people scares me a little, for sure, given the scenario in the world, but also, I don't feel like going out too much. I've always been a home body, but this just feels different. 


The thought of meeting someone does bring some angst. COVID aside, will I still be able to be me once all this ends? Will I still have a good laugh in public? Or will take out be the new normal? 

I'm more than happy having a virtual Saturday night with my girls, and spending all this time away from what I can call 'noise', of the outside world. 

Taking care of myself now brings me such joy. 

Am I getting too comfortable? 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don't want to move to America, so what?

Love in a South Indian household.

Going back home to yourself