Self Help



Ever wonder why they call it Self Help?
Well it had been a while since I wanted to read one, so recently I picked up one called, non violent communication. It spoke about various aspects in life. But out of all I read, I picked up on this one thing that stuck to me like nothing else. (little did I know reading on flights would help so much) 

How do we project anger? Did you ever just stop to think?

Our hearts does a lot more than just pump blood to our body and lee us alive. It leads to the stomach. The stomach that doesn’t just digest food, but also is the pit to all your feelings. 
Do you ever feel hollow even after you’ve eaten? If yes, you know what I mean. 

Sometimes we say a lot of things without understanding, but it is in the spur of the moment. Sometimes we pile things up in our hearts and the just spill it out all at once, because we have been scared to say it all this while. But who have we been scared to say it to? Ourselves or someone else? 

We tend to find similarities and faults in others so we can relate to it. Sometimes it’s just a way of communication to ourselves through others. 
Sometimes we just need to hear it loud and clear, it’s when we can’t figure it out. 

No book has ever made so much sense to me, but that one. 
It just made me think, have I ever done that? 
YES! A Thousand times. No, you will not recognise it for the longest time. It is not invisible either. It’s just a tiny shiny objects sitting in your bag. You always tend to find it when you are looking for something else. 
It’s like that important project you have to submit at school, you hate doing it, it makes you angry. You cry in frustration and you need help, but you will never ask for it. 

So there’s a tiny assignment I did myself recently. The last time I actually had a bad day, I just sat myself and thought about the week, and the events in my life. Mainly the things that upset me. Guess what, it worked. It was actually something I wanted to say NO to, but I did it anyway. Then I did crib about it like anyone else would. I wasn’t mad at the job, I was mad at myself for not saying no. So I ended up telling myself that the person who made me do this is so mean, and made up more theories to support my illusion. 

You know there’s that shiny object right there, you just can’t see it. 
So STOP. COMPREHEND. UNDERSTAND. LIVE. 
It’s just makes it so much easier. 
You’ll be happier than you ever imagined. 













Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I don't want to move to America, so what?

Love in a South Indian household.

Going back home to yourself