How will I know it's love?

To a generation seduced by technology, will we have the kind of love we read in books? Or will be look like catalog photos of a magazine advertising for it's latest gadgets? Will our house be filled with electronics and e books? Or filled with some photos and artefacts from the places of our travel.

Will the world forget the sheer happiness of the smell of an old book?
Or to find an old tiny daisy for a bookmark?

The definition of 'Love' can be different for different people, clearly mine was written back in the 1980's. The joy of coming back home to family/ lover, pre cooked hot dinner waiting for you, and some bonding time over a hot beverage?  (yea ok, I'm old)

Today, we all realise it's a rate race. Everyone is running to make ends meet, make jobs work, somehow squeeze time on a weekend to meet a few friends. Guess what, we all know it's going to be like this for a couple of years now. Meeting people on dates may become usual, and making fun of them at the dinners with your friends will be the routine. How will you ever know you found love?
You two share the same interests in food and electronics? Wow, isn't that best love story ever penned down for generations to read?

Pft.

Well, thats the thing about literature, I think it's the best way to time travel.
Tomorrow if I write about my lover, I think he should know it's worth being talked about for generations to come.

I only wonder if anyone will have one that makes a hart melt?
If our story will include any museums or art gallery visits?
Will be ever be able to set work aside for a while? Will it talk about how our laptops were shut for an entire day? and we read out stories aloud to each other?
Will we ever be able to enjoy together in silence?

I wonder...

I wonder how will I ever know I've fallen in love.
Can we really make time for it anymore?

I wonder..






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in a South Indian household.

I don't want to move to America, so what?

Going back home to yourself