For the namesake

It's been a while since I wanted to write about this, finally got a chance.
from my name to speinkledwords, the journey.


It was about a good two or three years ago when I was still back in college, and there was a day when I was sitting in the corner or my room hugging my knees, and wondering what was happening with me. If my anxiety was a phase, if my fear was rational and my anger justified. I had no clue of what was happening with me. It was my alone time. There was obviously that voice in my head that I was talking to, trying to understand what I was feeling. It was only a few points I was going back and forth upon. Never really came to a conclusion of what I felt, I don't think that feeling had a name.

There was this tiny war in my head. There were multiple voices and opinions and none of them matched the other. so I finally got up from my corner and went and sat at my table staring at a cupcake that I had picked up earlier that evening. That's when it struck me.

Those tiny sprinkles that are on a cupcake, if they could think, have no idea why they are there, they just are. It was like all the voices in my head stopped and I was staring at the cupcake and had a conversation with it. Everything is there, everything exists, everything is beautiful, but sometimes you just need that little extra something to make it beautiful and nice. Life is a cupcake. Sometimes its sour cream and sometimes its whipped cream. You don't always have to understand which cream it is. Just add those sprinkles and make it look beautiful in which ever form it is, you'll eventually just love the cupcake the way it is.

No, I'm not saying settle if you're unhappy with it, just saying learn to appreciate it both ways, it will eventually become the way you want it to  be :)

Add those sprinkles the way you want them to be and look, add your own sprinkles, embrace the cupcake and make it yours, ultimately it is your life. Live it for yourself. If you need to understand it later, you will. Don't try too hard. Life isn't about that always. Make it a memorable one, not a hard one :)


picture courtesy; google 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in a South Indian household.

I don't want to move to America, so what?

Going back home to yourself