Time to take a break!

So well college takes up most of my time! And all I want to come back home and do is catch up on some sleep. This growing up business I tell you, ain't easy.
Taking up English Literature as my major subject in my last year, is probably one of the best decisions I have made so far. Reading and getting lost in the world of imagination, coming up with your own theories for various reasons etc. it's all just so wonderful. I like being this occupied with books and taking a break from work for a while, because let's face it, everyone needs to be a graduate with good scores.

So well what must one ideally do when one takes a break? I think you will be able to figure it out yourself at the end of this blog, once I take you through my journey.
Find that one person who has similar interests as you do and just go on a date. I had my perfect friend to accompany me to a hood cup of coffee at Juhu, where we just sat and enjoyed talking to each other about everything except studies. We had decided come what may this weekend will be to relax. After a good cup of hot coffee on a rainy day, we visited the Prithvi cafe, and book stall. Spent about two hours there mesmerized by the wonderful collection of books with a hot cup of chai.
Then watched the most talked about and exciting play; Hamlet The Clown Prince. It was probably the best thing that had happened to  me in a very long time. The actors performed beautifully and touched my heart. Fighting for breath and enjoying the perfect comic timing, it was the best way I could end my weekend.

Coming back home to reading books in bed accompanied with old hindi film music in the background is the perfect definition of  BLISS.

This much needed break has made me feel good and refreshed. Generally when we are busy and have no time to even eat a meal properly, who has the time to enjoy the other beautiful things around us? or even just enjoy the beautiful rainy weather with a cup of of hot coffee?
So go take this much needed break in your life to enjoy the beauty around you. Do things you like, even if you don't find the right person to do it with. Take some alone time, distance yourself and don't get seduced by the technology around you. Learn to appreciate small things and do what you love. You won;t just be a happier individual, but a more radiant one.
Much love to all my readers.

                                               





                                           Something to accompany me while writing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don't want to move to America, so what?

Love in a South Indian household.

Going back home to yourself